1. Corduroy dungarees (By the way, would someone please name a jazz song this, already? It's destined to be a number one hit).
2. A three-foot stack of books on the floor by the couch (How high's the water, papa?)
3. My brown Doc Martens boots ( I oil them with WD40).
4. The smell of WD40.
5. When people meet me and immediately ask what part of the south I'm from.
6. Well-worn work flannel shirts with snap buttons.
7. The music of Mike Watt.
8. Sweet Potatoes.
9. Flossing my teeth until my gums bleed.
10. Sipping on a giant hot cup of green tea, watching the panels of sunlight from the window sink down the wall, and banging out words to form the absurd.
Rinse, Wash, and Repeat.