Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Evening Post

I averaged about four hours of sleep every night this week because it was chock full of activity (or was it chock full of nuts - I can't remember).  Here are the photos as evidentiary proof.

 My older brother turned 41 at the beginning of the week and his staff surprised him with a fantastic cake that we all were able to sample at the family gathering.

 There is something not quite right with that young man.

 My son was finally accepted as an official member of the Blues Brothers Fan Club.  Here he is taking his oath.  Oh.  My mistake.  Turns out it was an eye exam.





My wife baked multiple batches of Hamantaschen cookies for the Jewish holiday Purim.  They are sugar dough with fruit filling pinched together in a triangle.

 Here is the end result.  Now that I look at them, I must admit they resemble the work of Georgia O'Keeffe.  Read about the American artist here.

For his birthday, I took my brother to see Henry Rollins talk about turning fifty years old.  It was a long trip and we stayed up well past my bedtime, but definitely worth it.

I was able to catch a few ZZZs in the park and catch up on some sleep.  I had to rest up for the day of reckoning.....

Dodgeball!
A dodgeball tournament was held to raise money for the Special Olympics so my compatriots and I formed a team that cold not be denied.  I was pumped.  I was stoked.  I was unstoppable...

 Until ten seconds into the first match I took a ball to the nether regions.  We had great fun, though, and mucho dinero was raised for the Special Olympics.  Kudos to the sponsors and those who put the whole thing together.  It was truly grand.



 Behind (or in front of) every great dodgeball captain stands a great woman.



 The great thing about being married to a Jewish woman is all of the  holidays.  We celebrated Purim over the weekend and it involved costumes and masks and drinking shots of booze and this was the first time I had even heard of it.  Sometimes I wonder if she and her friends and family are goofing on me and making all of this stuff up.  

Baby Shower for Baby Bever.


Insert my house here.
The end of the week was spent toiling on our lot.  Work begins on the new spread next month.

Captain America.




See you next week.







4 comments:

  1. http://www.etsy.com/listing/52803826/vintage-delaware-felt-pennants-souvenirs
    because i know you're a delaware fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonya, I cannot tell you how excited I am to see this! I have been looking for that old Blue Hen mascot for a long time. I detest the new one. I needed an image of it for a tattoo and now I have it. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain America! Yes! By the way, I used to have an "insert my house" home in PA just like the location you posted. It's available. Beautiful home on beautiful land with tall trees (6.875 acres). It can be had for a steal. The previous owner walked away from it and it went into foreclosure. Rescue it Captain America!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the offer, Ron, but I have no super powers outside the borders of Delaware.

    ReplyDelete

Followers