Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ties are Here

My good friend Eric e-mailed me and asked if I got a kilt for my birthday.  When I told him I received five new bow ties, he replied that it was five too many.
So a bow tie will soon find its way to his doorstep, thanks to the good people of The Tie Bar, whose motto is, "Wear your good tie.  Every Day."  I will soon learn if E can resist the allure of the bow tie for men of our age.  He is a big Marylander of decent stock, so I have no doubt he can pull it off.  After all, he is the only man I know that can wear a fur coat and receive compliments.

The Tie Bar can be found on the web at www.Thetiebar.com.  Their ties are 100% woven silk, handmade, stain resistant, and affordable to a humble blue collar worker such as I.

To the right is a photo of the five bow ties my wife ordered for me.  I am impressed with them and wore the Fleur D'Orleans (center, yellow) to Passover last night.

 For those of you who do not believe a grown man can pull of a fur coat, pictured below is my friend Eric donning his to prove it.

3 comments:

  1. You did wear your tie to seder and you looked sooooo spiffy!

    dadinlaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want a real american bow tie, made in america that is try out www.bowtie.com or www.bowtieclub.com Those are the 2 places I shop and bow tie club is actually in Maryland!
    Also, tell eric he really does pull it off in that fur!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Eric does pull it off. Bravo Eric!

    ReplyDelete

Followers