Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 4: Operation Pie for Lunch

Thanks to subliminal advertising sales here at Liberty and In Dependence, I was able to purchase an iPad (Now you know why you have been craving Hostess Fruit Pies and Campbell's bow tie pasta soup).  Very cool to watch a movie with this thing, not very cool to shower with it.

Speaking of pies, yesterday was the completion of the fourth week of pie for lunch and I confess, I sort of cheated.  I cut up a bunch of fruit, tossed it in a pot, and baked it all with some oatmeal at 400 degrees.  Not technically a pie, but it did taste like pie and was a little healthier than pie.  Served with strong coffee and sunshine, it made for a wonderful lunch.

This concludes the pie for lunch experiments and admittedly, I am going to cut back on the pies for a while.  I have found that a steady diet of the stuff raises endorphins and serotonin levels dangerously high and makes me far too fun-loving.  I am, however, going to see what happens when pie for lunch is substituted with pudding for brunch.

Pudding to the People!

1 comment:

  1. I'm anxiously looking forward to a review of your new iPad. I think it is time for me to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete

Followers