Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Nights

It is a cool summer night here in Mayberry, Delaware, and I am taking my front porch out for a test drive.  The crickets are chirping, the frogs are croaking, and the occasional redneck is blasting the pipes on his Harley, but that is fine by me.  It only adds to the evening's charm and reminds me that the summer is fleeting and must be savored, each beautiful moment wrung dry until all the fun and good times are gone, because before you know it, pumpkin pie and five o'clock sunsets have snuck up on you like phantoms from the past (Are you a spirit of what will be or are you spirit of what may be?)

A cigar is firmly clenched between my teeth and the lad is safely tucked in bed.  My wife has entered her fortress of solitude and it is well deserved.  Quiet time away from it all.  Find your niche and enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

Followers