Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Evening Post

Hanukkah ended this week and I like to finish off each year by blaring the famous Talking Heads tune, "Burning Down the House."


There was a time when this huge chest of drawers was filled with all sorts of greatness.
Now it is used to hold ladies unmentionables.
Sigh.



My wife was in a persnickety mood over the weekend, so my son and I took her to Collingswood, New Jersey for dinner at her favorite restaurant, Sagami.  We scored major brownie points.


Max got a chance to announce the morning news to his school.


My nephew bent Santa's ear for a toy truck.
I feel pretty certain he'll get one.

Max's school chorus had their annual Holiday concert.  It rocked.  It rolled.

The local Christians and Jews teamed up for a super seasonal shindig.
"Hanna-Mas 2010" was a huge success.  Not since jelly hooked up with peanut butter has there been such fantastic results.

The new spin on Barbie is that you can purchase separate heads to attach later.  Not only can it change the figure's entire look, but the heads can be used to spice up older games.

For example, being crowned in checkers just took on a whole new meaning.

Ah, yes.  Who better to represent Hanna-Mas (not to be confused with Hana-Barbera) than Neil Diamond, a Jew with one of the most popular Christmas albums ever.

See you next week.


1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late with my comment (been a busy week) but this is another one of your wonderful Sunday posts. Thank you for sharing. Always enjoyable and informative.

    ReplyDelete

Followers