Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Sunday Evening Post

 This portrait hangs in my son's school.  It is the woman for whom the institution is named.  It hung in the halls at the original school, but that one was demolished fifteen years ago.  

 The new inside joke between my wife and I is Stefan, the character Bill Hader plays on SNL.
We're only a year behind the rest of the world.

 The quote on the gentleman's shirt to the left is "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."  I am always touched to see the words of Mahatma Gandhi on display for all - doubly so when they make their appearance at a Mixed Martial Arts tournament.

 I can think of about five things I never want my coffee to taste like.  One of them is strawberry shortcake.

 Nephew.

 Nephew with his Mother.
Strange how quickly they grow.  One month passes and they look like they started shaving.

 A scene from the movie "Black Swan".
No, wait.  
It's a window display. 
 Now that is a dying art.

 We got a chance to see a new home being constructed nearby.  The walls are insulated with straw bales and it runs on solar energy.  My wife suffered serious window envy.

 It is equipped with a vacuum elevator.  It is just like the one at the bank drive-thru window - only bigger.

 We baked banana and chocolate cupcakes.  They were so tasty that we nixed the frosting.

 I typed "arias" into Pandora radio on my iPhone thinking it would emit some good opera.
Instead, I got trance music.
So, we had an impromptu rave complete with glowing yo-yos.  At one point the crowd surged to three people.

 Skaters had to hang their boards across the street while they went to play snow football.

Hang in there, Leaf Garrett.

See you next week.


3 comments:

  1. Ah, someone has been by Anthropolgie. When I first passed this store I thought it sold some kind of scientific paraphernalia.

    I'm just glad I work just up from it and don't have to construct its displays.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry shortcake coffee. I'm stunned. Cool pic of "Leaf Garrett." Pandoro radio, I just added that app on my iPad. Really, really cool. It actually had Maneesh De Moor. Check it out! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maneesh De Moor - I'll check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Followers