Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Evening Post

Finally, the Sunday Evening Post comes out on Sunday.

Here I am in New Orleans, circa 1996.  At the time I thought this was the biggest sweet potato ever.

Then I met this man who is proudly displaying his Delaware sweet potato, which easily tops my NO potato.  Laissez les sweet potatoes rouler!


It's tough for me to resist picking up a comb from the ground.  Makes me want to comb my hair.  Who carries combs around these days?

The house progress is mind-boggling. Whoever thought this overhang should be free-floating is a genius.

This is our new neighbor, Mr. Groundhog.

Throwback noodles.  A staple of the wife's childhood found on the shelves of a Madison, WI Target.  Last seen in Cherry Hill, NJ circa 1986.

Here's Gene Gene the Chocolate machine.
Doesn't anyone remember the Gong Show?





My wife ditched me to spend the last few days visiting these cuties.

Dude rock wall climbing in Madison, WI.
Turn it sideways and what do you get?

Special effects were a lot more impressive in the 60's.

My wife ran into Lou Ferrigno in Madison.
Why did Hulk always wear purple pants?



Veggies and philosophy at the Dane County Farmers' Market.

My high school yearbook picture.  I was voted "Most Likely to go to Heaven and be Immortalized on a Carousel."

My wife and her best friend, Jen.  Thanks for sending her home to me.

Spotted a tattoo at Chipotle.  My wife says it means "To life" in Hebrew.


©mac
My son went to a photography camp in DC this past week.  He learned a lot and is quite talented.  His grandparents' money was well spent.

See you next week.  Same time, same place.  Hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you get around. I think my radius of adventure is 20 miles. I like your son's photo of the skyscraper clouds. He's on his way. I got my first camera when I was 10 years old. I've been in love ever since with taking pictures. In a way I wish I had digital cameras when I started but maybe it's good I didn't because by this time in my life I would probably have a couple million pictures. As it is I have 48,000 on my computer and I'm still scanning. My goal before I die, scan all my pictures. Then I die and no one is interested in them.

    ReplyDelete

Followers