Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Evening Post

Earthquakes.  Hurricanes.  Tornadoes.
No Force of nature can stop the
Sunday Evening Post
(Except a well-placed twenty).






 So begins a new school year.
They grow up before we realize what has happened.  
(Insert a little Jim Croce "If I Could Save Time in a Bottle" Here).

 At least a few are left that can watch older brothers and sisters leave for an education and think
"Suckers."

Pittsburgh!
I slipped out of town with a few compadres and caught the Bucs against the Brewers.
They lost...

but I got to do the Maz dance, so I won big.

I waited excitedly for over a hour, but it turns out "feckin" is an Irish whiskey.
What a rip off.



The east coast earthquake struck and this was the extent of our damage:
a lego car rolled off of a table.
Always count your blessings.
Always be thankful.

A rare Sam sighting.

The second season of our guilty pleasure is out on DVD so we picked up a copy.
Kenny Powers.
The character you love to hate to love.

This official hurricane expert assesses the damage in Baltimore...

While the streets of Delaware were checked for damage by this guy.  He found his personal creek filled to capacity
(pronounced "crick" in these parts).

My nephew never ceases to amaze me.  One minute he is dressed like any other regular kid and then when you turn your head, he jumps out in full costume.
Here is Batman doing the "YMCA".

The storm kept me up all night, so to deter sleep I mixed my two vices -
Coffee and chewing tobacco.

A final shot of Maz, forever making that loop around third
on the banks of the Allegheny River.

Perfection.

See you next week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it through Irene with your humor and irony intact. Your Sunday Evening Posts are my guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Followers