Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Evening Post

Rainy week, so a lot of time was spent indoors looking out.
The week in photos.

The last mussel in the broth in Annapolis, Md.
It reminds me of Moe's battle with the clam.

Yes, Pittsburgh lost in the battle for the pennant, but this is the first time in twenty years that the Bucs have still been playing ball when pumpkins were being harvested, so give them their props.

And as my friend reminded me when he sent me this photo...

The world according to E.
Thank you for the drinks and food, Slack.

The wonderful floral arrange sent to my father-in-law for his seventieth birthday brunch in D.C.

Here is the L and I crew behind the scenes, making certain each Sunday Evening Post goes off without a hitch
(Sure, some child labor laws might get stretched from time to time, but art can never be stymied.) (Oh, and in trying to get her son to smile for a picture, my sister-in-law said, "Eli, Mommy took a poopy shower!"  Still trying to figure that one out.)

This new kid in the neighborhood looks like a tough guy.

A lot of strange colors in the sky this week. Seemed like everyone was chatting about it.

The new yoga room that keeps cropping up in my living room every afternoon.  I am either getting older or wiser.

The only advice I can give new parents is to soak up as much sleep as possible.  If you can get three minutes of rest - take it.
They could be your last.

E's super cool bug costume was a dead-ringer for Jack Vance's sic-fi book The Moon Moth.

Letting someone know how much you appreciate them can go a long way. 
Text from Mom to my wife.
Only five radiation days left!

The infamous Kugel recipe of Freda Rose.
You can look at it, but do so quickly, and then erase it from your mind.
If you do dare to make it, be prepared for a carb euphoria that turns into a three hour nap.

Holy Smokes!  L pounded out a 3 hour and 5 minute marathon.
(I couldn't even drive one in that time).
That qualifies him for Boston.
Outstanding.

D obtained his white coat during his first year of medical school.  
Congrats!

The greatest omelette ever.

Happy Birthday, Pop-Pop!


See you next week.

3 comments:

  1. My condolences that the Pirates won't be going to the World Series. I know the pain as a longtime (since the early Fifties) Philadelphia Phillie fan. However, I remember well 1980 so anything is possible. Don't give up. There's always next year, that's what makes following a sports team so enjoyable.

    Congratulations on another rich and varied Sunday Evening Post. I always feel good after reading and seeing your post. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron. At the beginning of every season I say that this is the year. One of these times I will be right.

      Delete
    2. It will happen, believe me. And when it happens there is nothing to top that feeling of winning, nothing. For all the years I followed the Phillies I never really believed they would win the World Series but when they did, when Tug McGraw whiffed out that last Toronto batter....I will never again in my lifetime experience the electric shock that went through my body. I know you will feel that feeling too in your lifetime. Maybe more than once. It is a reason for being.....besides family of course. :)

      Delete

Followers