Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sunday Evening Post

Children,
don't let your mothers grow up to be cowgirls.
The week in pics.

My sister-in-law caught sight of the Oklahoma Drug Lawyer Mobile while working in Tulsa.

The Man from Milton sent a photo from his new home down in Florida.  I am pretty certain that island behind him on the right is Cuba.

Crazy Cookie Cop,
you confuse me in so many ways.

I felt pretty privileged to get a look behind the scenes at the famous Greenwood Chicken.  The chicken racks are smoked over hot coals and are rotated and shifted until they get to the end of the line.  It takes two hours.
It was an entire day of old school work, and it was a lot of fun.

My Mom used to love to have a beer after a hot day's work, so in her honor I sucked back two when it was said and done.
One for her.
One for me.
Happy Mother's Day, 
Saint Susan.

Delaware black snake, about four feet long.

As long as you don't have chickens, they are great to have around.
Plus, they taste pretty good sautéed with onions and slathered in hot sauce.


Disco fire truck parked outside of the station.
Rotating lights may induce seizures.

My wife and I hit Pickering Beach for the very first time and I must say, it was a pleasant surprise.
It was a beautiful day with plenty of wild life and flotsam to keep us entertained.

DE cactus.
Maybe not as impressive as Arizona or New Mexico, but if there was ever a competition, we would be able to enter.

That is definitely beach front property.  If you time it right, you could dive in from the  deck.

Mother's Day in Annapolis, Md at Joss Cafe and Sushi Bar.

Annapolis.

Sunday dessert was "Crack Pie" baked by my son.
See you next week.



3 comments:

  1. What a great version of "The Best Things in Life are Free"! I bet that smoked chicken was very tasty. First year without Mom on Mother's day is strange isn't it? It's never the same. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that you don't post anymore - life gets in the way, I suppose. Not sure if you read these anymore, but I thought I'd let you know that I always looked forward to your Sunday posts. I live in Maine and have a family of my own and I dug your stuff. Hope all is well. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Followers