Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Evening Post

It is quite the verdant time of year.
Fortunately, we have collected photographic proof.
The week in pictures.


I tried to catch this leprechaun for some pot-of-gold action, but she was in way better cardiovascular shape than me.

Pulitzer prize winning poet W.D. Snodgrass was once asked by a student at the University of Delaware how to prepare for an upcoming poetry examination.  His reply:
"Wear a false mustache".

 Bravo.

Well played, madam!

 Stupendous!
Above and Beyond!

 Nicely done...
Hey, wait!  That thing is real.
For shame.  I call shenanigans!

Astro-licious.

 I got a round of golf in at Frog Hollow and ended up enjoying myself.  

I saved this turtle's life.  It was in the middle of the cart path.
I wonder why its shell is so shiny.

Sorry.  I couldn't help it.

Corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes for St. Patrick's Day.

Oysters on my brother's birthday
(Also known as St. Chester Day).

The view from my back door on a foggy morning.  Look closely and you can see One-Eye, the mighty groundhog warrior poised to strike fear in men's hearts
(bottom of last wild cherry tree on left).
I am writing a book about him and his family.  It will be called
Groundhogs in the Mist.

My new landscape design.  Each of these concrete cylinders weigh about 500 pounds.  I rolled twenty of them over hell's half-acre all Saturday.
Now I ask myself-
Why?

This man's creepy picture was spotted hanging in the walk-in closet.


Burton Baton.

Wilson's General Store
Georgetown.

My wife took this photo at yoga class.
She must have thought it strange, but it makes perfect sense to me.  After all, boat shoes are made to keep you from slipping off the deck.

Illegal baby fighting at my house.
Always bet on red.

Young scientists at work.

Good Chef vs. Bad Chef.
Who wins?
You decide.


See you next week.




1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Handsome man in the straw hat. Ferlin Husky, one of my favorites! "A White Sport Coat and a Pink Carnation", what I wore to my Senior Prom. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Followers