Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Evening Post

Turns out there is a Sunday at the end of every weekend.
Who'd a thunk it?
Pics of the week.

My son started junior high school! 
I can't wait until the first dance so I can chaperone and show all the kids my cool moves on the floor!  My son is gonna be so proud.

Sure, this guy appears innocent enough on the first day of school, but I think he has a little of that
"Eddie Haskell" wise-guy look. 

New schooling adventures in Korea begin here.
Good luck.

The tag for care instructions on my pants also gives sound advice on life:
"The best way to get on your feet is to get off your ass".

The University of Delaware unveiled their new Blue Hen mascot. 

The Endless Summer
is getting ready to end.
Notice the boards in the foreground are owned by people who felt the water was too cold for their tootsies.
Cavemen oozing with testosterone have their boards in the surf.

She still has that new kid smell!

Stickers.
Can you ever have too many?

Bowling-
Keeping parents sane on rainy days since 1943.

Pirate ship adventure in Lewes.  Good time for the little ones.  They put on a great show.

Mastering chopsticks.
I ran into three of my old high school classmates while we were dining in Rehoboth.  The advantage of living in such a small state is that no matter where you go, you will know someone.

Amma and her grandsons.

Cool wedding invitations arrived at our doorstep.  Yet another event to bust some moves on the dance floor.  
(I better start stretching).

Mermaids.

Here is a great shot from Ghana, c/o my wife's friend Jen.
Glass beads being made and strung.

Another rainy day, so we hit the arcade to get our pinball game on.

Here is the best-kept secret at the Dogfish Head Restaurant;
the Bad Cat pinball machine on the second floor.  We ordered two birch beers, a Positive Contact brew, and my son obtained the second highest score.

We close with a scene from the Maryland State Fair.  My nephew got to pick out a wonderful baby chick, and then fried it up in some peanut oil.

(I'm kidding.  
It was canola oil).


See you next week.




1 comment:

  1. The Pirates of Lewes, always great fun! I always recommend it to families that check into the hotel with kids of pirate age. Works every time.

    Another fabulous Sunday Evening Post!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Followers