Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Evening Post

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven day weekend.
Pictures to prove it.

Sure, Superman the movie opened this week, but this local real-life Superman is recovering just nicely from a double lung transplant.(Makes leaping tall buildings in a single bound sound pretty meager.)  
If you're not already an organ donor, consider becoming one; visit Gift of Life's website for more information.

The daily shots of L on the ride home from summer camp.  Fresh air and nonstop fun can be exhausting.

The sun sets in Smallville.

Chestertown public restroom graffiti touched upon two of the top three things I hate:
1. Homophobes.
2. Homophobic bagels.
(In case you are wondering, the third is racist licorice).

We walked by the horse farm and three equines came over to greet us.

Seafood and sausage boil
(not pictured is the homemade bundt cake).

The surprise snap-shot at the end of Rehoboth's super-spooky Haunted Mansion ride.

Sushi-eating J is following in his Dad's footsteps.

This explains a lot, because I always thought these four were way too strange to be from this planet.

The back seat on this ride was always my favorite, too.

Chivalry is alive and well as this gentleman demonstrated when he took a dive so the young lady could collect a prize.
(Of course, you should never enter a shooting contest with a man who wears camouflage out in public).


 Paratroopers.

Carey Mulligan and Leonardo Dicaprio in 
"The Great Gatsby".

Happy Father's Day!
We got you Grandkids.
Sorry, no refunds.

Happy 45th anniversary, Mom and Dad!
They were homecoming king and queen of their high school.  He was the handsome quarterback.  She was the studious cow-raising girl next door.
The town preacher wouldn't let them dance or listen to rock and roll music....
(Wait. I think I'm mixing up their life story with the movie Footloose.)

For Father's Day I got hooked up with my very own bat house.  I can't wait until I get some tenants!
Mom always warned us as kids that bats will get tangled up in our hair-
and that is why I sport a crew cut.  

Scene from a friend's hammock.

We need to kick off this coming seven days with good fortune, so we have to finish up with some Neil Diamond for Mom.

See you next week!


2 comments:

  1. Do you have a new camera/phone? Your photos are excellent, especially the horse farm picture. Boy do you ever look like your dad. I think we both share the same fate, we will turn into our dads. I know I have, much to my chagrin.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron-
    My wife has the new Apple Iphone 5 with all the bells and whistles attached. I get her hand-me downs.
    People tell me I look just like my Dad except he is 6'3 and I am 5'10. So I'm just as ugly, but a foot shorter.

    ReplyDelete

Followers