Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Evening Post

Old Man Winter is coming around the stretch in first, but Spring Lady is staying tight.  It could be a photo finish and the sun is shining.
The week in pics. 

My bro showing off his new chainsaw to Pa at the weekly family dinner.  When I purchase a saw, the only qualification I look for is how  it glides when I am lip-synching "Chainsaw" by Family Force 5.

Middle school play ensemble.  My son got top billing as stage director.  He is good with scheming behind the scenes, which means he will either be a successful evil genius or politician.

Later in the week his extra-curricular activities took the whole family to Seaford for an All-State choir performance.  It was spectacular.



Everyone met in Milford after the performance for some fixin's at Abbott's Grill.  Some dishes of note were the bacon and cheddar bread pudding and pear and parsnip soup.

Blanket Fort.
Project Occupy Blanket Fort.

It makes me happy to see a child enjoying his introduction to Calvin and Hobbes.

There is a lot of talk about the Olympics and the Firefly Festival around here, but everyone knows that the big event of 2014 was the Fritarose Puppy Shower.

N thought she had purchased regular dog jerky but later discovered it is actually dried bull penis. It's also known as pizzle.

Fritarose seemed to like it.
What an animal.
Cakes don't get purtier than that.

Uhhh....
caught a glimpse of this in the toy section at Target.  I think it is plain to see why it is called a "Creeper."

My son saw the Marshmallow Fluff perched on the shelf and suggested we buy some to "eat our feelings out."
That's comedic gold in my book.

See you next week.



3 comments:

  1. I love those smiling faces in your post. Thems some happy kids. Childhood is so short, kids should be happy. Pizzle? Never too old to learn a new fact I say. This is one fact I did not know. Have a great week!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ron. The dog loved the pizzle, but they had to be taken away from her. It made her breath stink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Now that's a new bit of info that I can store for future reference. :)

      Delete

Followers