Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Evening Post

Batten down the hatches!
Buy milk!
Buy bread!
Buy eggs!
(Either a winter storm is coming or I have a hunkering for french toast).
The week in pics.

My wife and I started the week out debating about the lyrics to Bon Jovi's 
"You Give Love a Bad Name". 
I thought it was...
and you're insane.
She thought it was...
and you're too vain.
Turns out we were both wrong.
It's
and you're to blame.
She has no defense, though, because she is from Jersey.
I win.

A good portion of my life has revolved around misbehaving dogs.  Here is Fritarose sticking her face into any pair of boots she can find...
...and here is Sweet Pea humping my leg.  My calm demeanor should let you know how common this is.
Mind you, Sweet Pea is a female, so its like someone is pointing a gun at you, but you know it's just a toy.

Now here is an example of a well adjusted, well behaved canine.  This also proves my theory that beagles are the best breed of dog.

Check out who was named Teacher of the Year over at Dover AFB Middle School!
Congrats.

And here is the TOTY from the other side of town, Mrs. Thang 1.
Congrats, Laura!

I declare, Chicken Butt is lovelier than her bouquet.

 Here is a cool art project that my son finished in school.  Things have changed.
When I was his age our art project entailed tracing our hand with a crayon and making it into a turkey.

We were fortunate enough to get front row tickets to the wedding of R and R.  They dig each either so much, they decided to get married again!  This time their children got to join them.

Here is the lovely bride and my wife from the first wedding.

Here they are with friend L after Take Two.  
(Try to smile next time, ladies).

This young guy found out about the best part of attending a wedding-
the cake.

I was planning on taking a picture of the butternut squash soup, but it was so good, I couldn't wait, so here's the empty bowl.

Chicken and Dumblings.
Never confuse them with spaghetti and goofballs.

Does anyone know anything about these little symbols that were discovered on this twenty?
If so, contact the Secret Service.

My son finally showed me a lego I can get behind-
barista guy.

I am looking forward to eating a piece of this fine looking lemon meringue pie on Sunday night.
Lets get it on.

See you next week and good luck with the snow.

3 comments:

  1. Your Sunday Evening posts always leave me with a smile. Thank you for your consistent goodness. Have a great week!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ron. It certainly hasn't been all peaches and cream around here of late, but I am a strong proponent of accentuating the positive. Stay frosty, amigo.

      Delete
    2. Same here, accentuate the positive. When bad things happens the first thing that comes to my mind is "It could be worse."
      Ron

      Delete

Followers