Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Sunday Evening Post

Snow and jambalaya-
a combo certain to make for a grand week.
Pics of the stretch.

The Snow Queen showed up for (hopefully) her last round of the white stuff.

There are a few out there who don't seem to mind her presence.
(Check out Sweet Pea in the background. She looks like a shark getting ready to strike).

Mardi Gras!
It's one of my favorite days of the year and fortunately it came just in time to spice up the cold weather.  This shot was sent from Houston, TX, where the Ragin' Asian Cajun was celebrating the night before Lent.

Up here in these parts, we had a houseful of people for jambalaya.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!


I must admit, things got a little nutty.

Everyone finished the meal with a piece of king cake.

Here are the toy babies that were hidden in them.  The one on the left nearly took out one of the town's best surgeons when he almost swallowed it
(I guess I should have explained its possible presence before serving).

Wow.  Time flies.
Here is a photo of the J-Man stuck to the wall with velcro.

King E.

King E the Second.

M showing off some tricky paper folding.

This dog has been such a great addition to the family that it only seems right to include her in every weekly post.

T got some mandolin tips with one of the nation's best, and a gourmet meal to boot!
(He's smiling so hard that I'm worried his face might crack).

Gifts bestowed to my wife by a friend.
Gestures like this go a long way in life.

Homemade key lime pie.

Something about that sour taste that keeps you coming back.


Sure, hanging out with Dino, Sintra, and Sammy Davis Jr. would be pretty cool, but I'll take these two over them any day of the week.

We sprung forward and got one more hour of sunlight.  Here are its last moments in this small town.

See you next week.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful life you live. And what a wonderful dad, husband, son and brother your are. I hope all your family appreciates you. Have a great week!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do all right. Thanks. I think I caught a glimpse of you at the Lewes Starbucks last week. By the time it dawned on me how I knew you, you had left. Maybe net time.

      Delete

Followers