Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Sunday Evening Post

This astronaut completed his 43rd revolution around the sun last week and went back to 'Bama
(the statute of limitations down there finally expired).
The week in pics.

 My son's chorus gig.
You can't see him, but he's the one with the super awesome voice.

Wednesdays are a lot easier to get through when you know that after work there will be a new comic to read.
They are little soap operas for nerds.

I was away for my birthday, so two of my favorite people woke me up by sending me this pic and well wishes.

Then I received one from these dorks.

 Just another piece of evidence that dogs are way cooler than cats.  Can you imagine a feline being this patient and partaking in a fashion show with young ones?
My favorite is the hoodie, closely followed by the angel in the bow look.

 Theme parties are super cool, but this has to be the best one I have ever heard about.
If you don't remember, Bob Ross was the painter on Public TV that would slap together the greatest nature scenes with a couple of brush strokes in about 25 minutes.
A tribute party in his honor was put on by a pair of 5 and 7 year old sisters.
Now that is a masterpiece!

It was 75 and sunny down in Huntsville and the place was bursting with cherry blossoms.


Fish schools could be found smack in the heart of town.

I hiked Monte Sano with a friend, so I am fairly certain I am ready for Mount Everest or maybe K2.
Seriously, when the trail says "very difficult" they ain't playing.

I could get used to the south.
Big spaces and friendly people.

See you next week.




2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday young man! And yes, I remember Bob Ross. One of my favorite TV shows. He and Mr. Rogers always were so gentle and patient and kind. And what a talent Bob Ross had for painting. Remember Jon Nagy who was also a painter? He was much earlier. He was the one who inspired me to grow a beard. I liked his Van Dyke beard. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The origin story of the Ron beard. You should try to grow a Bob Ross 'fro. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Followers